Hydronic Radiant Floor Heating
Comfortable and Effective Way to Heat Your Home
What is Radiant Floor Heating?
Hydronic Radiant Floor Heating systems are designed to supply heat directly to the floor panels in your home's floor and deliver heat directly from the hot surface resulting in a more efficient form of heating. Radiant floor panels maintain stable temperatures throughout the system, which also provide a more comfortable home environment.
How Radiant Floor System Works
Hydronic radiant floor systems are designed to pump heated water through floor tubing laid underneath your home's floor. The system operates with radiant heat transfer, also known as infrared radiation. A properly installed radiant system with separate radiant heat zones for different rooms allows you to vary the temperatures between the rooms in your home with your thermostat. The system's temperature is controlled by regulating the flow of hot water through each tubing loop within each radiant heat zone.
Advantages of Radiant Floor System
- Savings – System can provide up to 25% savings on home heating
- Clean – System has no moving air, reducing air allergens
- Efficient – Hydronic Radiant Systems use very little electricity
- Comfort – Delivers combination of radiant heat and air temperature to heat human body; Provides for more comfortable environment
- Healthy – Compared to traditional hot air systems, Radiant Systems don’t dry your breathing passages, leaving you less vulnerable to infection
- Quite Operation – System is very quiet
- Health – System improves your home air quality
- Flexibility – Installing systems with multiple heat zones allows for an easy way to vary temperatures between different rooms in your home
Hydronic radiant floor heating systems use pumps to circulate hot water through special tubing embedded into the concrete foundation of your home. The tubing carries heated water (or food-grade antifreeze mixture) throughout the system, conducting warmth to the surface of the floor, which then transmits energy into your rooms.
Please contact us to learn about more Hydronic Radiant Floor System benefits and operations and to receive a free system installation quote.